Friday, July 29, 2011

Don Approves!

A little while back, a man named Don came into the store. I have to admit, I was a little intimidated by him. He had this stern voice and an authoritative attitude to go with. He also had sort of a half smile which made it confusing for me to judge whether he was genuinely in a good mood or it was just the way his lips were shaped.

His request was to have us tailor a shirt for him. Following his request, he said something like this, "You do this for me and if I like your work, I'll bring in more."

A couple weeks later, he showed up, tried on the shirt and we received a nod of approval.

In my head, I was like "YES!"...and "Phew."

The next time Don came in, I was able to smile without beads of perspiration tumbling down my forehead. I knew that since he had chosen to come back, that meant he liked our work.

To our surprise, Don had trusted us enough to ask us to make him a suit!

Although he gave me the jitters, I was confident that Balsam Tailors had the skills to make him look really good.

4 weeks later, he came and tried on his suit. To judge our success, I used the smile on Don's face... it went from a half smile to a full blown mile-long smile! We did it!

Don's a cool guy. He really is.

Lesson here: Never judge a book by its cover, but do judge a man by his smile ;)




Love the brown loafers!