Thursday, December 16, 2010

Not-Yet-Christmas Holiday Randomness

So Christmas is just around the corner...and, um, where's our snow? We're not getting enough of that frozen white stuff...but a whole lot of that nasty wet stuff. What was that thing about El Nina this winter we'd been seeing all over the newspapers? I'm sure many people ran out to get their cars fitted with snow tires after that epic record-breaking "snowstorm" in November that lasted for one whole day.

Those boys at Midas and Kal Tire are probably kicking back now, smokin' their cigars, and having a great ol' jolly good time while we're out here driving around in our excessively sticky cars, burning expensive fuel and big fat holes into our wallets. Why burn logs or coal this winter? Just throw your money into the fireplace! ;)

I'm not bitter at all. I love Christmas. It's one of those times when you can justify all your unnecessary purchases! "Ooooh, that's so cheap! Buy three, get three free! I'll keep three for myself and give three away as gifts. It's like I didn't even spent a single dime on gifts for other people."

Really? Did I really need to get SIX family size cans of "super hold" hairspray? Do people even use hairspray nowadays? If you have an Aunt Doris who still sports a giant cemented beehive, please shoot me a message.

Ahh.. a fine example of an unnecessary purchase. My brother bought this for me yesterday because it was so cheap that he felt like a fool if he hadn't bought it. I call it Mr. Easily Justifiable One Dollar Minature Imitation Leather Bear. Isn't it the cutest thing? Now, all I need to do is find a use for it.

$1.69 Peppermint Chocolate Sticks. I love you. It's like a Christmas party in my mouth!

I had this suit jacket made back in the summer when I first started this blog but never wore it. It didn't have any buttons then because my tailor decided that after two jackets, it was my turn to sew on my own buttons. And unfortunately for me, I'm gifted in procrastinating.

Half a year later, Anda concluded that I will never get around to it. So she did it for me. *grin*

This is Nathalie. She helps take my pictures sometimes. She's also a to-be-carrot-pant wearer. Guess what she's getting as a Christmas gift from Balsam Custom Tailors? Teehee.