Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crap Holiday Makes Me Look Forward to the New Year

I apologize for the extended absence. I didn't forget to blog because I was immensely overwhelmed by joyous holiday plans. Instead, I had been defeated by the menacing army of big bad cold germs once and a second time immediately after by their merciless and very relentless ally, the Influenza brigade.

I finally managed to dig myself out of the pits of viral hell. I'm back and ready for some exciting Balsam blogging action!

For the Vancouverites who are forever loyal to the Canucks, you might want to practice some patience and summon your forgiving nature as you gaze confusedly at the following pictures:

These jerseys were made for two pairs of English-speaking Siamese twins who were each born with a French-speaking half.




Not really.

Some dedicated sports fans would call this "sports bigamy". I personally have turned a blind eye to this. Actually, I'm going to confess: I don't really give a rat's ass about hockey. I'm probably one of the biggest outcasts among the Vancouver hockey culture. I even got my Vancouverite brother (upon his request) a Chicago Blackhawks hat from Michigan City for Christmas.

I stand on neutral ground.

Canucks fans, don't despise me for helping this loving father execute his two little boys' dream of wearing these unique hybrid jerseys to the Canadiens VS Canucks (oh wait, just to be fair, Canucks VS Canadiens) game next month. Instead, practice some altruism and excellent sportsmanship.

;)