Saturday, January 29, 2011

Website in the Making (Part 2)

Here's a little sneak preview of what I've been working on last night. It's possibly what the photoshoot may look like. I plan things a lot of the times but then when it comes time to shoot, I always end up going in a another direction, often resulting in something completely different.

My brain is so fried. It's an utter tangled mess. I thought I'd take a break to declutter my mind. I'm spitting out maybe 5 words per minute here.

For the last 2 months, I've been cranking the wheels in my head hard to create what will be Balsam's website. I will be honest and tell you that it's actually quite a difficult thing to do. I thought it would be somewhat of a piece of cake but it's not.

I wanted to personally take on the tasks of writing the little blurbs that would appear on the website, edit the blurbs, design and order the sample clothes, press all the clothes, hire and style the models, photograph the models and samples myself, decide where each image goes. I'm not saying this isn't super duper awesome but all this is starting to give me a colossal headache.

One obstacle after another. One disappointment after another. I won't go into the details because it's the outcome that matters. I really hope the website turns out amazing. Not just "alright" or "great" because no business should just settle for an "alright" website. And no designer/artist should ever produce "alright" work for a client--even if I am my own client.