Friday, September 30, 2011

If This Isn't Sexy, I Don't Know What Is.





I'm really not someone who likes to toot my own horn (at least not very loudly! tee hee) but I have to say it this time: Devin's custom made suit is a true piece of perfection. The cut, style, texture and material work harmoniously together.

We also have to give credit to Devin's athletic physique. He's a tall kid with a lean muscular body who can really pull off that slim fit trend that the Brits fancy so much.

Here's why I LOVE LOVE LOVE this suit:

1. THE COLOUR: Midnight Blue - Black to me always seems too formal (a black suit is better left for weddings, funerals and the times when the director of an MIB sequel needs a stand-in.) Navy screams "I'm wearing this suit to make myself look more approachable but in fact, I'm going to aggressively sell you something you may not even need." Devin's suit color is in between blue and black, which I think is supremely stylish and oozes sophistication. Chick's will dig it.

2. THE SHADOW STRIPES: A man with little fashion sense or is timid about stepping outside his comfort zone may find pin-stripes...daunting. Making a patterned suit work for you requires effort and let's face it, most guys aren't fashion savvy and really don't care how navy looks amazing with lavender. It's a girl's job to know how to look good, right? ;) So, that's why I recommend shadow stripes (alternating stripes of a dark and a light shade of the same colour). If you go this route, you don't need to worry about matching your stripes to your shirt, tie, shoes, glasses, rings, belt, eye colour, nose piercing, car, hair and so forth. You'd still be kicking up your style a notch because your suit has texture.

3. THE CUT: It's all about the sexy skinny fit nowadays. 'Nuff said.

4. THE STYLE: I have a weakness for peaked lapels. It was a big trend that started in the 1920's and carried on until the 1930's. The style re-emerged during the 70's and has now been a hot trend for the last couple of years. Peaked lapels make you look smart. Together with a the two-button closure, they elongate your torso and make you look tall.

Devin clearly has a keen sense of style. He tops off his new suit with a pair of unique semi-glossy shoes and a black-placket front shirt.

This boy is gifted.