Thursday, November 18, 2010

Girls Love Sparkly Things Like Diamonds. But I Will Settle For a Sparkly Jacket.

Another drab cold dark rainy day. People who prefer to be cozied up in their offices and homes help create some down time for us. Hey guys, what's wrong with a little wetness?! Get off your bums and march on in here for some holiday suits and shirts and some nifty alterations before you get snowed in later this week!!

I try hard to keep myself entertained while the city is in sleep mode. Posting on this blog is one way. And plus I've realized I've been gone from here for a little longer than I wanted to. So here I am.

Wow, news flash. It's already snowing in parts of Vancouver--a customer just told me.

So the holidays are just around the corner. Christmas music is playing in coffee shops, at the malls, on my Sirius radio and in my head. Christmas is fun especially when there is snow. Shoveling snow is one of my favourite winter pastimes. It's good winter workout.

Christmas is great because you get invited to go to parties and dinners, hence generating multiple opportunities for you to look dashing and unforgettable. What's a good way to make an impressive entrance that will make others green with envy? Wear something sparkly!

T'is the season to be decked out in sequin, metallic apparel, and sparkles. Guys can do this too!

I love sparkly clothes, not just the subtle kind, but the REAL sparkly kind. If you dare, wear sparkles to the office! Here's how not to over do it and still look cool and professional:

Sparkly jacket with shoulder pads (I'm so stuck in the 80's)

Crotch shot! Grey pleated pants rolled up (another 80's inspired pant)

Oxford style open toe wedges, a dash of modern retro. You won't believe that I only paid $16.99 for them on asos.com --they were on sale. They're super comfortable.

Shoes so cool, they knock my socks off! But I keep them on for some warmth at this time.