Monday, November 1, 2010

When The World Turns, You Don't Want To Get Left Behind



Hello World! I've got a happy announcement to make. As you know (if you've been following my blog long enough), Balsam Custom Tailors have been providing awesome quality service and products to customers since inception. I hope you agree. And if you don't quite, just know that we strive to deliver the best to you always.

This business was started 36 years ago in Hong Kong by my father who had begun his apprenticeship at the tender age of 16. During that time, it never crossed his mind that he would be coming to Canada, bringing with him the skills in traditional tailoring and his dedication to the art.

Our first store in Canada opened in Richmond, British Columbia in 1990 when I was 7. I used to spend the day after school watching my mom and dad run their business. Whenever I got tired, I crawled up to one of the big work tables and took a nap. My little brother did the same.

It probably is a surprise to my dad that I am helping to run this rarity of a business.

The old times are gone but not forgotten. I think it's about time we embraced the benefits of modern technology. Next time you try to look us up online, you'll find that you won't just be met with this blog but a real website!

I've been working with a Japanese designer who shares the same sense of style that I have in terms of visual aesthetics. I would LOVE to tell you more about it--but I think the finished project will speak for itself.

Keep following me for news and fabulous promotional offers to come!