Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rainy Day Blues

It's cold. It's wet. It's disgusting. It's Fall. It's October. It's Vancouver. Welcome to the city where you only get a week of real summer weather while all the rest of the year you get dreadful wet winter. I'm sure many people in this city agree with me, that's why they're not showing up at the store today but hiding in their abode, curled up on the couch with a good book and a hot cup of white chocolate drink. Oh how I actually wish it was snowing and not pissing rain. Snow to me is joyous and thrilling. Rain means I shouldn't get out of bed but go back to sleep. It's amazing how snow and rain instill such different feelings in people when they're essentially the same stuff.

So instead of twiddling my thumbs till they bleed, I've decided to update my blog with nothing very important. This one isn't about what I'm making or having altered. It's what I threw together in two minutes before rushing out the door (See? Rain makes me want to stay in bed longer.) I think I did okay. It's one of those no-brainer outfits. Long shirt, leggings, belt, cool jacket, pumps, DONE!


Lookin' awfully stiff there.

I love my ruched leggings. Got them as a gift from my sister. They feel more like pants than leggings. While we're on the topic of leggings, I wish people wouldn't wear leggings as pants: It means you should always wear a shirt that covers your bum. It's raunchy and not very attractive to show off your bum in tight TIGHT apparel. Please be considerate of the people standing below you on the escalator.



All this rain is depressing. I guess there's one thing I can be excited about today. I found the buttons I want on my thrifted Versace jacket at half off from Fabricana. What would have costed me 12 bucks came out as 6. Life is good.