Saturday, October 9, 2010

This Is What My Dreams Are Made Of



As if the first post on pleated pants wasn't enough. I'm going to make you LOVE pleated pants when I'm done here.

Anyway, I thought I'd show you this pair because I'm so thrilled with it. I am absolutely in love with this one--along with the 10 other pairs of carrot pants I own (ok, the number's been exaggerated but I promise you I will get there).

I had placed an order with my sister from Hong Kong to get me a pair of really nice pleated pants over there. And this is what she came up with. Amazing. Love it to death.

I kept this look minimal: two different colours, zero jewelry, and a pair of simple strappy snakeskin heels. The reason? I want the focus to be on the drapey effect this ensemble makes. Simple is good. Drapey is good too.

I finished off this look with a pair of my dad's vintage Bruce Lee-style sunglasses. They're from the late 60's. I've got a pair of my mom's vintage sunglasses too but that will have to wait.

Oh and special thanks to my good friend Katherine from London for bringing me such a royal looking pillow! I love it!

Until next time, have a super duper awesome Thanksgiving everybody!