Saturday, October 16, 2010

Reasons Why I Like My Job

Yes, people. You can actually like your job.

The number one reason why I like my job is because it's a family business. I help overlook and actively take part in all aspects of it. From front floor work (i.e. sales, consultations, fittings) to backstage work (i.e. quality control, inventory, book-keeping) to marketing and research to simple clerical stuff.

Unlike a job where you're working for somebody else, this one you really have to give it all you got. What you bring in is a direct reflection of how hard you work. While other people are on their Christmas holidays, we stay behind to continue to work. We work hard to make sure you get that stunning suit to wear to your company's big New Years party--so you can attract ladies like a jar of honey attracts bees. And ladies, we do the same for you ;)

Being able to watch something grow because of your own effort is amazing. It's satisfying and encourages you to keep doing better. And how do you know that you're doing okay?

When your customers verbally tell you that you are awesome!

I've received many little gifts over the years from our customers who wanted to show their appreciation for us: from personal photographs from their vacations to coffee to gift vouchers to mango cakes to novels and most commonly: FLOWERS!

A nice English lady by the name of Katy came in with a little bouquet of very exotic looking flowers from her garden. I smiled from ear to ear when she handed them over to me. I love little gifts like these. They totally make my day!